If you enable user self-registration, you do not need to add users; users will go to a registration web site to have EASE automatically create accounts for them. For more information, see Enable User Self-Registration.
To add a user:
- On the EASE Portal navigation bar, click Users.
- Click the Add User button in the upper right corner to display the Add New User page. All required fields are designated with a red asterisk (*).
- In the First Name field, enter the user's first name.
- In the Last Name field, enter the user's last name.
- In the User ID field, enter a unique identifier for the user. This is the ID that the user will enter to log in to EASE (the App Catalog or the EASE Portal). A valid ID must be 200 characters or less, and cannot include spaces. Valid characters include:
You can specify the user's email address as the User ID. Note, however, that if the User ID and email address are different, it is the User ID that the user will need to enter when logging in to EASE.
User ID must be unique within an organization. If you specify an ID that is already registered to another user within the same organization, EASE will prompt you to modify your entry.
Once a user is created, you cannot change the User ID. All other user fields can be changed on theEdit User page.
In the Email Address field, enter the user's email address, if available. Email Address must be unique within an organization. If you specify an email that is already registered to another user within the same organization, EASE will prompt you to modify your entry. It is valid to enter the user's email address in both the User ID and Email Address fields.
While this field is not required when adding a User, User Manager, or Developer, it is recommended. If you do not provide an email address, EASE cannot send an invitation message, password reset message, or other emails to the user.
If you are creating an EASE administrator (that is, you will choose the Administrator role in step 8), this field is required.
If you enter an email address, the Send invitation after adding this user box is enabled and selected. When this is selected, EASE sends the user an invitation that provides instructions for setting his/her password and downloading the App Catalog. Clear the check box if you do not want EASE to send the invitation. To review the content of the invitation message, or for instructions on editing the default message, see Edit the User Invitation.
- (Optional) In the Phone field, enter the user's phone number (typically the user's mobile device number).
From the Role list, select the user's role:
- User: The user can use the EASE Portal only for modifying their account profile and listing the apps available to them. Typically, the User role is assigned to users who will log in to EASE through the App Catalog only—not the EASE Portal.
- User Manager: The user can create and manage users and groups of an EASE organization. User Managers cannot create or edit users with the Administrator role (only Administrators can create or edit other Administrators).
- Developer: The user can create, secure, and manage the applications of an EASE organization.
Administrator: The user can access the EASE Portal to perform all administration functions.
Because every role builds off the permissions of the User role, all roles can perform the same functions as a User. For more information on user roles, see Roles.
- In the Groups box, select one or more groups to which the user will belong. Groups are used to authorize access to applications. All users are included in the default "All Users" group even if you clear the All Users check box.
- Click OK to add the user. The user's name should now appear in the list on the Users page.
You do not need to define a password for the user. If EASE sends an invitation message to the user, it will include a link to a page where the user can set a password.