Enabling/Disabling the Reviews Feature for Specific Applications
When you add or edit an application in EASE, you can choose to enable/disable the Reviews feature for that application. When the Reviews feature is enabled for an application, your iOS, Android, and Windows App Catalog users have the option to Like/Dislike (rate) the app, review the app, and browse reviews written by other catalog users. When the Reviews feature is disabled for an application, the Like/Dislike buttons are hidden and the Reviews tab is grayed out.
Whether the Reviews option is checked by default depends on how the Application Reviews setting is configured on the Settings page. Regardless of that setting, you can always choose to enable/disable Reviews when adding or editing a specific app. For more information on the default setting, see Change the Application Reviews Default Setting.
The User Experience
Like/Dislike Rating System
From the App Catalog, a user can:
- Like/Dislike an app and write a review of the app.
- View the total count of Likes/Dislikes given to the app.
- Read reviews submitted by other users.
At any time, a user can change his/her rating and review of an app; EASE stores the user's latest rating/review only.
If Reviews are disabled for an application, the Like/Dislike buttons are hidden and the Reviews tab is grayed out. See Enabling/Disabling the Reviews Feature for Specific Applications above.
When users view details about an app in the App Catalog, the text from a review is highlighted at the top of the page. If the app has not yet been reviewed, the text "Be the first to review this app" displays. You may want to log in as an App Catalog user to enter the first review for the app. This will display something more informative in that space, and might also encourage users to enter their own reviews.
The Admin Experience
From the EASE Portal, an administrator can:
- View the total number of Likes and Dislikes, plus a bar representing the percentage of total votes that are Likes and Dislikes. If a user rated an app with the 5-star rating system in an HTML 5 App Catalog, each rating of 4 or 5 stars is translated to a Like and each rating of 3 or less stars is translated to a Dislike.
- Browse user reviews and delete reviews so they are no longer visible to App Catalog users.
For instructions, see Manage App Ratings and Reviews.