To configure the Installation Folder for Windows 8 app EXE files
- On the Admin Portal navigation bar, click Settings.
- Click Windows Configuration.
In the EXE Installation Folder field, enter the name of the folder in which EXE files will be installed when a user installs them through the Apperian Windows App Catalog. This name must adhere to Windows naming conventions:
Can include any character, including Unicode characters and characters in the extended character set (128–255), except for the following:
These reserved characters:
- < (less than)
- > (greater than)
- : (colon)
- " (double quote)
- / (forward slash)
- \ (backslash)
- | (vertical bar or pipe)
- ? (question mark)
- * (asterisk)
- Integer value zero, sometimes referred to as the ASCII NUL character.
- Characters whose integer representations are in the range from 1 through 31, except for alternate data streams where these characters are allowed.
- Any other character that the target file system does not allow.
Cannot be any of the following reserved file names: CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, and LPT9.
- Cannot end with a space or a period.
This folder will be created as a subfolder of the user's Home folder (
- Click OK.