You can disable an app when adding it to Apperian, or you can disable it after it has already been added, as described below.
The Applications page flags a disabled app with a yellow DISABLED status tag.
When you apply policies to an app, Apperian automatically disables the app. You must sign the app and upload the signed version to Apperian before you can enable it. For more information, see Apply Policies to an App.
Disabled App Behavior
Note the following behavior of a disabled app:
- A disabled app does not display anywhere in the App Catalog. This includes the Applications page, Updates page, Categories page, and search results.
- If a user has already installed the app, the disabled status of the app has no impact on that installation. The user can still run the app.
- If the app is marked as Mandatory, App Catalog users will not be required to install it. If you enable the app in the future, users will be required to install it the next time they try to log in to the App Catalog.
- If the app is updated, users will not see the app listed on the Updates page.
- If policies were applied to the app and the status of the app is "Pending Signing," you cannot enable the app until a signed version of the app with policies has been uploaded to Apperian.
- If Push Notification is enabled for the app and the app is updated, users will not be notified of the update. If you enable the app in the future, the notifications will automatically be pushed to users.
- If the app is an App Catalog, disabling it has no impact. Users can still download and install the App Catalog, or log in to the App Catalog if it is already installed.
Think of a disabled app the same way you would a deleted app; the only difference is that a disabled app can be re-enabled. To permanently disable an app, you must delete it from Apperian. For more information, see Delete an Application.
Disable/Enable an App
To disable or enable an app
- On the Apperian Portal navigation bar, click Applications. Use the Search box to search for a specific application.
- Click the Edit link for the application you wish to disable/enable.
- Expand the Application field.
- Clear or select the Enabled for catalog check box to disable/enable the app.
- Click OK to save your change.