When you disassociate a device from a user:
- The device is no longer listed in the user's Devices table.
- The device is no longer listed for the user in "real-time" reports, such as the Device Details report. Historical data about a user-device association is still listed in reports; for example, a Download Activity report will list a user's past activity downloading apps to a device that has since been removed.
- It does not impact any existing associations between that device and other users. If you want to remove the device from another user with whom it is associated, you need to do that from that other user's details page.
Apperian no longer sends push notifications to the device for that user-device combination. This is important to keep in mind if you transfer a device from one user to another. If you transfer the device without first uninstalling applications that the previous user installed, Apperian will not send push notifications to the device when updates of those installed applications are available until the new user either reinstalls or updates the apps.
Apperian recommends that you uninstall the App Catalog and all apps installed through the App Catalog before transferring a device to a new user.
If you remove a device from a user and the user logs in to Apperian from the same device again in the future (either through the App Catalog or an app that prompts the user to authenticate with Apperian), Apperian reassociates the device to the user, and adds the device back to the user's Devices table. When a device is reassociated with a user, Apperian maintains all historical data about that user-device combination as long as the device ID for the new association is the same as the device ID for the previous association. This will typically be the case, except on iOS devices where the App Catalog and all apps installed through it were removed from the device before Apperian reassociated the device with the user.
To remove the association between a user and a device:
- On the Admin Portal navigation bar, click Users.
Click the View link next to the name of the user with the device you want to remove. This displays a page with details about the user, including a Devices table that lists all the devices on which the user has logged into the App Catalog.
In the Actions column for the device you want to remove, click Remove.
- Click OK on the message dialog box to confirm that you want to remove the device.