Applications the user is authorized to use. This list includes up to 10 apps available to the user. From the Devices table, you can click to view details about each device, including a complete list of apps available to the user for that device type.
Status. A user's status is one of the following:
Invited The user was sent an invitation but has not yet activated the account. If the user was invited a while ago, you may want to resend the invitation. Enabled The user has activated the account. Disabled
The user is disabled by an Administrator. A disabled user cannot log in to the App Catalog. A user can be disabled two ways:
- Manually by an Administrator. For instructions on manually enabling/disabling a user, see Disable or Enable a User.
- Automatically by the system. This occurs when all devices on which the user has installed the App Catalog are noncompliant. Apperian considers a user's device to be noncompliant if a mandatory update is not installed within the configured grace period. For more information on mandatory updates and grace periods, see Managing Application Updates.
The Status field provides additional details about when and how a user was disabled, or whether a user or device will be disabled on a certain date if updates are not installed.
For example, this status indicates that the user was disabled automatically on February 10, 2014 for not installing a mandatory update:
This status indicates that the user's device will be disabled if mandatory updates are not installed by February 19, 2014:
Devices table. This table list each of the devices on which the user has logged in to the App Catalog. The list provides details such as device type, model, and the date of the last interaction (Last Active Date) between the device and Apperian. From this list, you can Enable/Disable a device and remove an association in Apperian between the user and the device. You can also click on a specific device to display more detail in the Device Details page. The Device Details page lists all the apps installed from the App Catalog onto that device, and provides a button to remotely clear application data from apps wrapped with the Data Wipe policy. For more information on viewing device details, see . For instructions on enabling/disabling a device, see Disable or Enable a Device. For instructions on removing a device, see Disassociate a Device from a User.
To view details about a user:
- On the Admin Portal navigation bar, click Users to display the Users page.
Navigate to the row for the user you want to enable/disable. Use the Search field to quickly find a specific user. You can search the First Name, Last Name, Phone, User ID, Email, and Custom Metadata fields. Refer to the table below for search guidelines:
To search this column... Enter... First Name
A case-insensitive string to return a list of users with the specified text string anywhere in their name or phone number. For example, if you type the string
Davinto the search field, the list returned will include all users who have the letters
Dav(upper or lowercase) anywhere in their first or last name.
Last Name Phone User ID A case-insensitive, full user ID or email. You cannot search for a partial string in these fields because the data is encrypted in the database. The search returns exact matches only.
field_nameis case-sensitive and must be the full name of the custom metadata field, not the label.
stringis not case-sensitive. If you leave
stringblank, EASE does not return any search results.
For example: To search the
departmentfield for users in the
- In the Actions column for the user, click the View link to display details about the user.
- (Optional) In the Send App Catalog Download Link box, click Email Address or SMS Text Message to choose the type of message you want the system to send. If you click SMS Text Message, follow these steps:
- Specify the phone number and mobile carrier for the user's device to which you want to send the message. The number defaults to the number specified in the Phone field of the user's profile (if available).
- Click Send.